Re: [linux-lvm] Converting my Root file system to LVM

Andreas Dilger wrote:
[]
> No, the problem is in the wrapper script for the LVM tools.  It is using
> "sed" in the script, but that is not on the initrd.  I don't see sed in
> my LVM wrapper script, so you must have a different one.  Either fix the
> wrapper script (edit /sbin/vgscan should be enough), or add "sed" to the
> list of required files, INITRDFILES, in lvmcreate_initrd.

Initrd intended to be used with exactly one version of kernel, so there should
be NO sed there -- it is used to determine kernel iop version, but that known
at an initrd creation time.  Initrd should contain real utils, not wrappers.

Regards,
 Michael.