[linux-lvm] ORACLE OPS and Fibre channel

Slava Tulchinsky stulchinsky at IBJWhitehall.COM
Wed May 23 18:16:38 UTC 2001

After successfully installing Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 OPS on Redhat 6.2 with
2.2.19-6.2.1 using Compaq fibre channel card RA4000 to connect to Compaq
external drive enclosure RA4100 (kernel driver cpqfc), We decided see if OPS
will work with lvm 0.9.1-Beta7. After following all the instructions in INSTALL
and README files was able to compile patch file. when running the patch against
kernel sorce genhd.c.rej was created, I was still able to compile the kernel and
install lvm. LVM part seems to work fine, but when booting with the newly
compiled
kernel no longer able to use raw partitions with OPS with or without LVM.

Corrupt block relative dba: 0x00000001 (file 0, block 1)
Fractured block found during control file header read
Data in bad block -
type: 21 format: 2 rdba: 0x00000001
last change scn: 0xffff.00000002 seq: 0x1 flg: 0x04
consistency value in tail: 0x00000000
check value in block header: 0x3574, computed block checksum: 0x9a9
spare1: 0x0, spare2: 0x0, spare3: 0x

Corrupt block relative dba: 0x00000001 (file 0, block 1)
Fractured block found during control file header read
Data in bad block -
type: 21 format: 2 rdba: 0x00000001
last change scn: 0xffff.00000002 seq: 0x1 flg: 0x04
consistency value in tail: 0x00000000
check value in block header: 0x3574, computed block checksum: 0x9a9
spare1: 0x0, spare2: 0x0, spare3: 0x

When booting with the original kernal everything is OK