[linux-lvm] Problem deleteing PV's

Justin Booth jbooth at ccbill.com
Thu May 24 00:35:35 UTC 2001

Hello,

 I have a problem deleteing 4 PV's that I managed to create None of the PV's are in a VG, and I can't figure out how to get rid of them

when I do a pvscan It returns something like this:

pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/sdb" is in no VG [12.16] MB
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/sdb1" is in no VG [8.54] GB
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/sdc" is in no VG [12.16] MB
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/sdc1" is in no VG [8.54] GB
pvscan -- total: 4 [17.11 GB] / in use 0 [0] / in no VG:  4 [17.11 GB]

How do I get rid of these entries to start over again?
I've tried deleteing the partition table and recreating them but a subsequent vgscan always brings them back into pvscan

 Thanks much,
      Justin Booth