[linux-lvm] Is now: Resizing & LVM shutdown

Rupert Heesom raheesom at navpoint.com
Wed May 23 23:18:53 UTC 2001

As I write this, a new kernel is being compiled with the patch for
online ext2resizing.  According to xconfig, enabling the option was
DANGEROUS!

As I think about it, since I've installed that root ramdisk (works
great), I don't actually need to be able to resize my LVM partition
mounted.  Still, it's good to have a kernel with such a capability.

I'm not concerned now about UNMOUNTING / deactivating the LVM when
shutting the PC down.  That doesn't seem to be working at all.  (See
another post of mine re details there).

Perhaps you would know how to help me there?  I'll experiment a bit
myself, but I'm afraid of damaging the LV, since when I reboot my PC,
the VG is not yet deactivated!  However it _has_ happened twice now
without a problem.

--
regs
rupert