Re: [linux-lvm] Raid5 sync problem

Kai-Michael writes:
> I *think* I've found out what happened (not sure, not tested), fsck was
> trying to scan all of the LVs on the same raid5 at the same time. And as the
> raid5 code had to calculate everything and trying to sync in the
> background... instant high load. But I'm not sure.. and I really don't wan't
> to test it..

Yes, there was a bug in fsck where if it couldn't determine if two devices
were on the same disk, it assumed they were NOT and did fsck in parallel.
In the MOST recent fsck (i.e. 1 week old, CVS only), this has been fixed
so that it will run the two fscks in serial.  Whether that was your problem
or not, I'm not sure.

Cheers, Andreas