[linux-lvm] lvm_chr_ioctl

Joe Harvell harvell at nortelnetworks.com
Fri May 25 23:00:10 UTC 2001

Justin:

I saw this exact same message (either when doing a vgscan or vgchange -a
y).  Well, I'm not 100% sure about the number reported in the error message,
but it looks the same.

In my case it was because i was running the beta2 version of the kernel code
and the beta7 version of the user-space software.  I had recompiled my
kernel and forgotten to re-apply the kernel patch.  I fixed the problem by
patching the kernel code up to the beta 7 version.