Re: [linux-lvm] lvm on root filesystem with devfs

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 06:08:42PM -0500, Joe Harvell wrote:
> When I run with devfs, though, the /dev entries don't ever show up in
> /dev when I do a vgscan.  The result is that I am not able to mount the
> lvm root filesystem.
>

>    * Does the fact that I have lvm compiled as a module have anything to
>      do with this?
When you run with devfs device entries are not created by vgscan.
IIRC they should be created by the kernel whenever you activate the vg.

>    * Assuming the entries are created, then I shouldn't have to use cpio
>      anymore (with devfs).  Right?
right, the devfs mounted on your initrd is the same devfs that gets mounted
on /dev after pivot_root.

Regards,
L.

--