Re: [linux-lvm] Patching Linus' pre- kernels?

On 28 May 2001, 11:22:24 +0000 (+0000), Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:

   Heinz -

> - change get_hardblocksize to get_hardsect_size and recompile -or-

   Someone else (Gergely Tamas; thank you) sent me the same patch,
which compiles with no problems. Thanks.

   I am pleased to report that LVM is now holding /var, /tmp and /usr
on my system, without problems. I shall put /home under LVM as soon as
I can pluck up the courage to trust my backups :) (I have little free
space on this system -- moving things is a bit tight).

   Thank you for your help,
   Hugo.

--
    ---- Hugo Mills --- The Creature from the Black Logon ----
hugo lug org uk     hugo carfax nildram co uk     hugo soton ac uk