Re: [linux-lvm] questions

Hi, Magosanyi!

Magosanyi Arpad (mag bunuel tii matav hu) wrote 14 lines:

> What would you check on disk related to snapshots?

There shall be no snapshot of a snapshot.  (Yes, I have that
right here on my disk.  Can't remove the snapshot-of-snapshot
(segfault), can't remove the snapshot (under snapshot)).

Does the snapshot point to the correct device?  (Happened to
me, too.  Usually after an (unrelated?) crash.  No idea how
to check -- but all Devices Under Snapshot shall have at
least 1 snapshot.)

Does the persistent snapshot-map look like it could work on
that device claims to be against? (bigger than the device
in question?)

Ability to turn persistent snapshots into non-persistent ones
(cleaned up after reboot) -- so that rogue ones can be
removed during a reboot.

-Wolfgang