[linux-lvm] LVM performance

Benjamin Scott bscott at ntisys.com
Fri Nov 23 08:08:02 UTC 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Bradley M Alexander wrote:
> the CD write actually happens from hdc -> hdd.

  This might be *a* problem.  As others have said, IDE handles bus
contention either very poorly or not at all.  Since you have all your I/O on
one bus, you may be seeing a problem there.

  For IDE, I generally favor putting HDs on one bus, and CDs/tapes on the
other.  Actually, I favor putting a single device on each bus.  Actually, I
favor SCSI.  :-)

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>