[linux-lvm] pvmove with Bad bocks

Ragnar Kjørstad lvm at ragnark.vestdata.no
Sun Oct 21 18:20:02 UTC 2001

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 10:48:32PM +0200, Stonki wrote:
> RK> I fail to see why reducing the size will solve any problems if the cause
> RK> is a bad disk - I think you need the patch I mentioned earlier, or a
> RK> simular fix.
> Well, I need this patch for sure :-) But excuse me, but I didn't find
> the patch in the mailinglist. The only thing I found was a notice of
> Heinz to patch the latest RC for 1.0 in line 520. But I use a much
> older version...
>
> can you give me a helping hand ?

Look for a thread started 6th of september - subject "pv_move_pe() error
again".

My patch is available at:
http://vestinternett.no/~ragnark/download/LVM_ignore_read_errors.patch2

But like I explained in my original post, and others commented in the
said thread, the patch is not 100%. There was a suggested change later
in the same thread that was smaller than mine (it didn't change the
locking), and is much cleaner if it works. I'd try that first, if I were
you.

--
Ragnar Kjørstad
Big Storage