[linux-lvm] partition table read incorrectly

Wichert Akkerman wichert at cistron.nl
Tue Oct 2 18:29:34 UTC 2001

I seem to run into a weird problem. LVM refused to work properly,
after a "vgscan" command "vgchange -a y" would still complain
that things weren't consistent and I got a messages about an
I/O error on 08:11.

Interestingly my sdb does not have any partitions since it's one
big PV, and fdisk agrees with me on that. However the kernel
seems to thing I do have a partition there and as a result LVM
seems to get somewhat confused.

This happens with both 2.4.9-ac17 and 2.4.10-ac3. If anyone has
any ideas on how to go about fixing this don't hestitate to ask
me for more details.

Wichert.