Re: [linux-lvm] How does LVM handle physical changes?

On Tue, Oct 02 '01 at 23:24, Markus Dobel wrote:
> Can LVM handle physical changes of my system, like plugging the PVs
> from one controller to another (so the physical device path changes
> e.g. from /dev/hdb to /dev/hdf)?
Yep, as long as the geometry stays the same. I even moved some disks
from /dev/hd[ce] to /dev/sd[ab] and LVM worked like a charm.

(I used a 3ware IDE controller with /dev/sd[ab] configurated as BOD. It
 is an IDE RAID that appears to the system as a SCSI controller)
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.