Re: [linux-lvm] lvm 1.0 and kernel 2.2.19.Is rawio patch necessary ??

Hi, Christian:

christian e wrote:

> Hi,all
>
> I downloaded lvm 1.0 and kernel 2.2.19.Couldn't find a rawio for 2.2.19
> so I thought it wasn't necessary.Is it ? The rawio patch for 2.2.19 is
> not here:
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/sct/raw-io/
> or in the PATHCES dir..

Well, I'm in same position than you, but having problems.
I also asked about the necesity of raw-io patches (specifically for
2.2.19) but till the moment no answer.

> I did a ./configure and then a make in the patches dir.Applied that
> patch without problems.After compiling the kernel and booting up again I

Well, I patched kernel with raw-io for 2.2.18, and then with the lvm
patch provided by ./configure then make at PATCHES, but my kernel didn't
compile (well, the kernel did, but the make modules failed).

So, from your experience I'm going to try to compile *without* the
raw-io patch and see what happens.  Anyway, since I know that at least
your compilation was ended with success, would you be kind enough to
e-mail me your configuration file (/usr/src/linux/.config) to look for
differencies?

And, if you know about the reason or necesity (or lack of) the raw-io
patch stuff, please post it to the list, so others like will know.
TIA
--
SALUD,
Jesús