[linux-lvm] lvm 1.0 and kernel 2.2.19.Is rawio patch necessary ??

christian e cej at ti.com
Thu Oct 4 17:59:32 UTC 2001

christian e wrote:

> I think I'll try the 2.2.18 patch as well..Will let you all know if it
> turned out ok or not..

Just tried the following:

removed old kernel source tree,untarred a fresh 2.2.19 source.Did a
./configure in the lvm source dir.Then a make in the PATCHES DIR.Then
applied the rawio patch for 2.2.18 and then the lvm-1.0 patch for my
kernel 2.2.19.Patched clean without problems.

Then compiled the kernel again.Then the modules..mind you I compiled lvm
into the kernel not as module..No problems.

Bootup withput problems (only forgetting to patch with aacraid driver
but htat's another story :-)

compiled lvm and installed..Works ok..

best regards

Christian