[linux-lvm] Too many problems

I just need to know what a stable release of LVM is for RedHat and what
compiler to use.  The stock RedHat 7.1 compiler is buggy, from what I
understand here.  I've had so many problems in the last week and I'm
getting really frustrated with all of this :(  I'm using kernel 2.4.10
but am more than willing go to down a couple revs for something stable.

Please let me know what's a stable LVM/Kernel/Compiler setup so I can
keep my systems up.

Thanks.