[linux-lvm] Problems after restarting my debian

Ulrich Wiederhold U.Wiederhold at gmx.net
Wed Oct 10 23:14:44 UTC 2001

Hello,
I had to restart my PC because of a power-failure...
Now I can´t mount my lvm-volume anymore.

I fixed the uuids using the uuid_fixer on all my pv´s.

home:/home/fzzgrr# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
group

Now I wanna restore my backups using
home:/home/fzzgrr# vgcfgrestore -n vg01 -l
Speicherzugriffsfehler

(memory access failure)

I can´t even make a pvscan or pvdisplay:
home:/home/fzzgrr# pvscan
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- ERROR "pv_read(): LVM structure version" reading physical
volumes

home:/home/fzzgrr# pvdisplay /dev/sdb1
pvdisplay -- ERROR "pv_read(): LVM structure version" no VALID physical
volume "/dev/sdb1"

What can I do?
Uli

--
'The box said, 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so i installed Linux - TKK 5