[linux-lvm] pv recovery after trashing partition table. OK - back to normal

Jim Cromie jcromie at divsol.com
Sat Oct 13 18:40:36 UTC 2001

Jim N Cromie wrote:

>  /dev/hda4 used to have a good PV.

Somehow, it does again.

this morning, the box booted clean, and LVM found all logical partitions
and mounted them properly.
I did vgcfgbackup, rebooted to be sure, it rebooted w/o errors.

I dont know why - I did nothing that I thought 'THIS WILL FIX IT'   My
only WAGs are that all those fdisks,
(now including sfdisk - which apparently is more correct) fixed
something that was broken.  Or maybe
one of the many LVM tools fixed it on a *scan, *display, etc.

One of these days Ill actually use a new drive to back stuff up, rather
than filling it with more toys & music.