[linux-lvm] vgextend

Mitchell D. Miller mitch at mdmiller.com
Mon Oct 15 12:08:45 UTC 2001

Someone suggested a code mismatch, but I think differently.  If you
search Sistina's site for segmentation fault, you get a number of hits
about a GCC compiler error regarding optimizations.

I had this same problem, but was able to get around it by using the
source code modification solution someone posted to Sistina's bugzilla
system.

Essentially, you add a printf(""); statement to approximately line 42 of
lv_create_remove.c which results in un-optimizable code, which results
in a usable binary.

Hope that's helpful.

-- Mitch