Re: [linux-lvm] read_intr errors

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:20:23PM -0700, Erick Calder e arix com XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX wrote:
> I haven't tried that but if I unmount the filesystem and check it:
>
> # umount /dev/LVM/mp3z
> # fsck /dev/LVM/mp3z
>
> it comes up clean....  is that not an equivalent test?

Not sure. I don't think fsck checks every block. The errors I saw certainly
were consistant in location on the LVM, but there were no corrisponding errors
on the hardware. You can try the following

cat /dev/vg.../lvol/... >/dev/null # where vg and lvol are appropriate for your file system.

cat /dev/hd... # were hd is your physical device. If you get errors on one and
# not the other, you too will be an example of the problem we are talking about.

--
Karl Hakimian