Re: [linux-lvm] How to mount volumes during boot

-- "Mitchell D. Miller" <mitch mdmiller com>

I am running Red Hat 7.1 (with 2.4.12 kernel) and LVM 1.0.1-rc4.  I read
the documentation on Sistina's website about boot time scripts, but the
info there seems to deal only with getting LVM loaded at boot time.

I'm still uncertain how I should configure my system so the volumes I
have created (three of them so far) get mounted during boot.  I tried
modifying my fstab file, but the system didn't boot right after.  It
stopped, complaining that one of the devices couldn't be mounted.  Is
this even the right place to configure LVM volumes to be mounted?

Make sure that a vgchange -a y is in your rc.sysinit after the root volume is remounted rw but before the othervolumes are fsck-ed. After that mount -a will get them on line with the rest of things.

                                           +1 800 762 1582