[linux-lvm] read_intr errors

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Tue Oct 23 23:19:01 UTC 2001

Patrick,

sorry for the delay, it takes 12 hours to back up this guy and another 12 to
verify... and I had problems so I had to do it several times.

so if I get you correctly, I should be able to do badblock check (instead of
a mke2fs with -c option as has been suggested) and get an evaluation for
whether this drive has problems equally well, no?

here's what I did:

# df -k
/dev/hda1             38456308   2670876  33831932   8% /
/dev/LVM/mp3z         29540436  13308716  14731152  48% /var/mp3z

# umount /dev/LVM/mp3z
# vgchange -a n
vgchange -- volume group "LVM" successfully deactivated

root at beowulf:/root # badblocks -s /dev/hdc 29540436
Checking for bad blocks (read-only test): done

as you can see, no errors.  Now, having said that, I've come to realise that
the errors I get happen when accessing my tape drive (which is scsi) - at
least I think that's what's happening... weird.  do you then think this is
related to the problems others have had? and if so, was there a fix?

- e r i c k