Re: [linux-lvm] Segment Failure ,while doing lvcreate

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 08:39:35AM -0400, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> hi,
>   recompile lvm tools with the -O0 flag (no optimization).
> this is because of redhat's 7.x borken gcc compiler
> I believe that this fix is in the archive.

	Which version of their compiler are you using?  Is it
gcc-2.96-88, or gcc-2.96-96?  Is it even earlier?

	Does gcc 3.0.1 have this same problem?  Are you sure the bug
isn't in the code?  (i.e. having a non-volatile variable randomly
modified under your nose, or some such that would tend to not work so
well under optimization.)

	If gcc-2.96-96 doesn't have the problem, RH 7.2 should work just

Have fun (if at all possible),
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."  --- Thomas Jefferson
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."  -- Mark Twain
-- Eric Hopper (hopper omnifarious org  http://www.omnifarious.org/~hopper) --