[linux-lvm] Segment Failure ,while doing lvcreate

Eric M. Hopper hopper at omnifarious.org
Fri Oct 26 07:56:02 UTC 2001

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 08:49:18AM -0400, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> "Eric M. Hopper" wrote:
> >         If gcc-2.96-96 doesn't have the problem, RH 7.2 should work just
> > fine.
>
> I suspect that the problem will be in RH 7.2 also.
>
>  I was reading the roswell archive and someone from redhat said that all
> 7.x release will be binary compatible, i.e. they all have that buggy
> gcc.
>
> I may be wrong on this though.

	Just because it's 2.96 doesn't mean it's buggy.  Apparently
their latest version happens to have the same bug, but that didn't
necessarily have to be true.  I doubt the bug is an inherent 'feature'
of their calling conventions.

	I've actually had a lot of luck with gcc 2.96 fixing problems
for me.  But, I'm a C++ developer.  :-)

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."  --- Thomas Jefferson