Re: [linux-lvm] What is VFS

On Mon, Oct 29 '01 at 08:48, Mitch Miller wrote:
> I guess I'm not _for_sure_ what VFS is, and why it'd be detecting so many
The VFS is the virtual filesystem layer, that lies under all
FileSystems.
> (literally hundreds per hour) disk changes.  I do have a standard floppy,
I can only guess on this, maybe your (unused) JAZZ drives spinnes down
and creates a 0 (removed), than the driver spinns it up again (1) ...

--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.