[linux-lvm] IO issue causing unkillable processes.

This perl script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w

$|=1;
open(FD, ">>spew.out");
while (true) {
print FD "asdklfasd;kfjsad;kfjs;dlj
a;sdlkfnas,nfp9ibvp98ay085hq325l;mndfg'adfa
'sd;lmf,m/,sd\fasdfna.,mdnf.m,ansdflkjanfoiuahsel;kjrqwe\as\df]adfh\||PPOt'r
q[tjwq.,mnt/><ZXDNF{OLPIAHSEMN>M<Nl;kjahestlkjahsdklfmsd;lifqpownj;n;lakfn;K
H;LKH;LKGJAPSOIJ"
}
close FD;
will cause an unkillable process under the proper circumstances. I'm not
sure what they are, so...
if anyone who's NOT running xfs, rather Reiser or ext3 or ext2, and LVM,
could run this and let me know if they experience similar symptoms. I'm not
sure where the culprit is right now.(whether it's SMP, SCSI, or IDE, the VM,
whatever.) I'd greatly appreciate your help.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA