[linux-lvm] Foreign HD with LVM-Partition, how to read Data?

Alexander Bruns a.bruns at sauerland.de
Mon Sep 3 19:13:15 UTC 2001

Hi,

> Hi i could't completly understand you
>
> is that true:
>
> you have instaled Redhat on a working sepatarate drive
> and you hace added a drive from a crashed system
> if this is the case i hope you can run

no it is a newly installed system which never was intended to use lvm.
i only compiled lvm etc to get hopefully read the data of the
harddriver from the completely different system.

I never activated andy volume groups or defined something with lvm.

do i have to define a volumegroup with this harddrive with the same
name from the old system?

Greetings

Alexander Bruns