[linux-lvm] SoftRaid and LVM

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Tue Sep 4 14:35:40 UTC 2001

Hi,
It seems that you use a fresh 2.4.9 kernel. In kernel 2.4.9, the version
of LVM is 0.9.0-beta2, which is what you get with dmesg or cat /proc/lvm
Then you installed tools from 1.0.1rc2. You must upgrade your kernel
with LVM 1.0.1rc2 if you want all that to be consistent (or use beta2
tools, which is not the good way IMHO).

Recompile 2.4.9 with LVM-1.0.1rc2 and you'll be OK.
Bye
-jec