[linux-lvm] My VG is gone...

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Wed Sep 5 18:56:10 UTC 2001

I will be formating 311Gb of hard drives today.  These drives were 40% full.
This is the second time that LVM has bitten me.  The first time I tried to
expand a VG, the VG was gone when the machine rebooted.  Same thing this
time.  AND THERE IS APEARANTLY NO WAY TO RECOVER!  It seems that all of the
vg data is recorded in each member pv.  So, why isn't there a utility to
recover a vg in this situation?  This is very fragile!

Mike Diehl.