Re: [linux-lvm] Root on LV

Andreas Dilger wrote:

On Sep 06, 2001 16:42 +0200, svetljo wrote:

it probably will hold the kernel also
and as far i know there is no bootloader which can access logical volume
am i wrong

Yes, you are wrong. LILO+patch can get a kernel from a logical volume. Now that Linus has accepted my patch to fix LV_USER_BMAP from causing an oops I will submit the patch to the LILO maintainer. It can also be found in the archives for this mailing list (have posted several times).

does this mean that i can have my kernel on LV of any type ( can i have it on striped one)
i think i have read some time ago that lilo can boot from linear RAID or RAID1 but not from RAID-0