[linux-lvm] pv_move_pe() error again :/

Ragnar Kjørstad lvm at ragnark.vestdata.no
Fri Sep 7 09:43:03 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 01:41:22AM +0200, FEJF wrote:
> there are no io-errors... but as the hd makes really scary noise when pvmove
> tries to move the remaining bytes. so i think the hd is damaged.
> but all i want is to remove the damaged hd.
> but pvreduce says i have to use pvmove to get rid of the remaining data and
> pvmove gives the errors...
> so i can't remove it :/ - is there a way to get rid of the hd without
> destroying the rest of the data ? sth. like pvreduce --force ?

No, don't think so.

I have a patch, but I'm not so sure I can recommend that you use it.

I only wrote it to copy off a single block of a bad disk - I'm not sure
exactly how it will behave when moving multiple blocks (if the
non-corrupted blocks will end up in the right spot, or if it writes too
little data, so it will be some bytes off).

--
Ragnar Kjørstad
Big Storage