[linux-lvm] lvcreate is segfaulting

William Vadnais giordanobruno at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 19:23:08 UTC 2001

Hello--

I'm getting segfaults when attempting to build a
logical volume using lvcreate...

[root at mp3gimp /root]# lvcreate -v -n now -L 8G test
lvcreate -- checking volume group name "test"
lvcreate -- checking volume group existence
lvcreate -- checking volume group activity
lvcreate -- checking logical volume path
/dev/test/now"
    [other verbosity ignored]
lvcreate -- setting up logical volume
lvcreate -- setting read ahead sectors
lvcreate -- creating logical volume VGDA in kernel
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This is a Redhat 7.1 box with a custom kernel. I've
tried using both 2.4.9 and 2.4.10pre5 to no avail. LVM
module is compiled into the kernel directly and I've
applied the patches in the /PATCHES dir.  I've also
tried the latest tarball release of rc2 as well as a
CVS install as late as today (September 8th, 2001).

If anybody has any insight on this, i'd appreciate it.
Thanks.

-Willie