[linux-lvm] LVM

IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R stuart at bh90210.net
Wed Sep 12 10:51:55 UTC 2001

Svetjo:

	/dev/hda1	w2k/pro
	/dev/hda2	/boot
	/dev/hda3	/

	Something like the above?

	Okay, I did that, and now I get "LI" when I booted up! What does "LI" in lilo mean? What part of my boot up sequence is broken?

	Someone told me it meant my second stage boot loader was failing. What does that mean? What are the stages of booting? Can anyone hook me up here?

	As far as I know, I have ReiserFS compiled into the kernel along with LVM support in the kernel.

	I must admit ReiserFS has worked quite well for me, and is very bug-free. I am using the version that comes with the 2.4.8-12mdk (mandrake) kernel, so perhaps u tried an older version.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart at bh90210.net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Wednesday, September 12, 2001 3:43 AM