[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

RE: [linux-lvm] Lock Patch



Svetljo:

	Where does one get the patch you refer to? Can you provide a link for it?


Very Respectfully, 

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG 
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit) 
stuart bh90210 net 
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043 
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859 

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's free!) 

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL. 

Friday, September 14, 2001 9:26 AM

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-lvm-admin sistina com [mailto:linux-lvm-admin sistina com]On Behalf Of svetljo
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 4:55 AM
To: linux-lvm sistina com
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] Lock Patch

one question
are we talking about LVM/PATCHES/linux-2.4.x-VFS-lock-patch
if thats so i don't think it's that good idea to try  both patches

simply run  $LVM_ROOT./configure ; cd PATCHES ; make ; and aply the patch

linux-lvm-1.0.1rc2-2.4.8-12mdk.mdk

but in case we are not tolking about this patch
what are we talking about , which lock.patch


Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

>Stuart,
>
>Patrick gave you a helpfull hint, so there's no reason for your rude reaction.
>Doing what he recommended is a matter of little time as well.
>
>Ask the Mandrake LVM maintainer if that's more preferable for you.
>
>Regards,
>Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --
>
>On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 04:10:08AM -0700, IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R wrote:
>
>>Mr. Caulfield:
>>
>>      Well thank you for that most helpful suggestion, but silly me, I consider my time more valuable. I shall wait for someone to post a proper answer, rather than one, which is both obvious and inefficient.
>>
>>
>>Very Respectfully,
>>
>>Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
>>Beverly Hills, California
>>VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
>>stuart bh90210 net
>>west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
>>east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859
>>
>>Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's free!)
>>
>>JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.
>>
>>Friday, September 14, 2001 4:05 AM
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: linux-lvm-admin sistina com [mailto:linux-lvm-admin sistina com]On Behalf Of Patrick Caulfield
>>Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 1:55 AM
>>To: linux-lvm sistina com
>>Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] Lock Patch
>>
>>On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 11:00:47PM -0700, IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R wrote:
>>
>>>List members:
>>>
>>>      I am curious; if I am running 2.4.8-12mdk (Mandrake 8,0), which lock patch do I use the 2.4.4 version or the 2.4.9 version?
>>>
>>>
>>I would try the 2.4.4 one. If that doesn't apply then try the 2.4.9.
>>
>>patrick
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>linux-lvm mailing list
>>linux-lvm sistina com
>>http://lists.sistina.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-lvm
>>read the LVM HOW-TO at http://www.sistina.com/lvm/Pages/howto.html
>>?????????????????????????????????????{??[?????x%??e?{??[?????)???&??i?????l????)???&?f??f??X??)???b??????y?m???0s??3??m????
??+-?v?r?????=?-??h??????
>>
>*** Software bugs are stupid.
>    Nevertheless it needs not so stupid people to solve them ***
>
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Heinz Mauelshagen                                 Sistina Software Inc.
>Senior Consultant/Developer                       Am Sonnenhang 11
>                                                  56242 Marienrachdorf
>                                                  Germany
>Mauelshagen Sistina com                           +49 2626 141200
>                                                       FAX 924446
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>_______________________________________________
>linux-lvm mailing list
>linux-lvm sistina com
>http://lists.sistina.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-lvm
>read the LVM HOW-TO at http://www.sistina.com/lvm/Pages/howto.html
>




_______________________________________________
linux-lvm mailing list
linux-lvm sistina com
http://lists.sistina.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-lvm
read the LVM HOW-TO at http://www.sistina.com/lvm/Pages/howto.html

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]