Re: [linux-lvm] Re: lvcreate dumping core with 2.4.10-pre9 (was pvcreate ...)

Hi
why don't you try pre 2.4.10-pre8 kernel, lvm is not ready for 2.4.10-pre9 i think
and have you tried compileing the tools with configure --enable-static_link

David Chin wrote:

I just tried recompiled my kernel, and got the SCSI module loaded OK, so I have my tape drive.

With this new kernel, I again tried what I did in my first message. No dice: lvcreate dumps core. Then, I deleted partitions on the disk and used ext2 primary partition instead of reiserfs. Again, lvcreate dumps core.

I've given up on LVM for now since the machine I'm playing with is in dire need.

--Dave