[linux-lvm] Re: [linux-lvm] Re: [linux-lvm] Verständnis von Stripes bei LVM

> [ ... ] There are several problems with stipes:
>
> - if you have problems with ANY disk, you have lost ALL of your data
If any disk of my VG dies I'm in trouble. With the help of the LVM guis
I might be able to "fake" the broken disk BUT for most people a broken
disk means loos of all data in the WHOLE VG.

... that's why I use LVM over RAID5 (hardware).
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.