[linux-lvm] lvcreate -- couldn't read physical volume "/dev/md/0"

Dustin Cooper dcooper at deepthought.org
Mon Apr 1 17:54:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to specify a physical volume on the command line when creating
a new logical volume.  If I use a disk partition, it works perfectly.
Specifying a software RAID device generates the error:

lvcreate -- couldn't read physical volume "/dev/md/0"

I'm using LVM 1.0.3 with kernel 2.4.14 and XFS 1.0.2 patches.

I know this is a repeat question, but the only post in this list's
archives I could find describing this problem had no replies.

Thanks,

Dustin Cooper