[linux-lvm] Updated patch VFS-lock for 2.4.18+ XFS enabled kernels

Nathan Scott nathans at sgi.com
Wed Apr 3 19:15:02 UTC 2002

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:29:46PM +1000, Adrian Head wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:52, Holger Rauch wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I tried your patch on a 2.4.18 kernel with XFS, but I got the following
> > error during the linking phase
> >
> > fs/fs.o: In function `fsync_dev_lockfs':
> > fs/fs.o(.text+0x2918): undefined reference to `DQUOT_SYNC_DEV'
> >
> > During compilation, I also got a warning about an implicit declaration of
> > DQUOT_SYNC_DEV.
> >
> > I could apply the patch with no problems, however.
> >
> > What went wrong here? How can I get rid of these errors?
> >
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated!
>
> I'm sorry to hear that your having problems.  It appears that your 2.4.18-xfs
> kernel doesn't have the new Quota code.
>
> Where did you get your 2.4.18-xfs kernel from?  Is it from SGI XFS CVS? or
> from the official split patches? or another source?
>
> If is is from the official split patches did you include the
> xfs-2.4.18-split-quota32 patch?  It appears that oss.sgi.com is down at the
> moment so I cannot check the current file name.

The 2.4.18 XFS split patches don't need this patch - they
have an earlier version of Jan's VFS quota patches, which
does not split DQUOT_SYNC out into the DQUOT_SYNC_DEV/SB
variants.  It was only after the 2.4.18 patches were put
out that the XFS CVS tree merged in Jan's newest patches.

cheers.

--
Nathan