[linux-lvm] running lvm tool from user application script

LVM gurus,

I have been playing with the LVM tool for a while under ROOT privilledge.
Today, I tried to run "lvscan" & "pvscan" from one of my user script
to show LVM status to user. I realized I could not run them having the attached errors.

Q1: Is that true I can not run "vgscan", "lvscan",... under user applciation
which does not have "root" right?

Q2: I want to run these utilities from my CGI script for Web GUI.
     Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

BM

Error2)
mooasun>$cat /etc/*tab
mooasun>$anacrontab    fstab    lvmtab    raidtab
mooasun>$crontab        inittab    mtab
mooasun>$lvscan
mooasun>$lvscan -- ERROR: "/etc/lvmtab" doesnot exist; please run vgscan

Error1)
mooasun>$vgscan
mooasun>$vgscan -- LVM driver/module not loaded!