[linux-lvm] kernel: invalidate: busy buffer

Stephenson, Dale dstephenson at snapserver.com
Tue Apr 16 10:15:02 UTC 2002

The invalidate: busy buffer message comes from fs/buffer.c, inside
invalidate_bdev().  It's just a warning message indicating the buffer has a
positive b_count -- presumably, somebody is still using it.  In this case,
the code *doesn't* destroy the buffer, so it should be harmless.  Don't know
why you're getting millions of them, though.  I remember seeing them before
(during vgscan), but never in that quantity.

I also don't know why your lvcreate dumps core.  How recent are your LVM
tools?  Try using the -d option to lvcreate to see how far it gets, or run
lvcreate from within gdb.

Dale J. Stephenson
steph at snapserver.com