[linux-lvm] pvvolume extension on the same part.

Hello,
  I am trying to set my personal computer using Raid-5 with LVM.
My problem is the following... I created a device /dev/md4 with a 32 GB
drive and then after bouncing data and drives around I grew  the drive
to 48 GB drive.

what happened:
32 GB raid 5 created (/dev/md3)
created lvm on 32 /dev/md3
extended /dev/md3 to 48 GB (raidresize)

Question:
  How to I get lvm to use the new 16GB of drive space
without reinstalling LVM on the part. (I have data I would like to keep,
and it's the boot disk.)

Leslie D.