[linux-lvm] Segmetation fault (core dumped)

Hi I'v run in to a problem, I tryed to install LVM-1.0.3 on a RedHat
7.0  system with the 2.2.16 kernel, I pathced the kernel but I didn't
get the option  "Multi-device support" in the setup. So I dnl'd the
latest stable at the time 2.4.18 patched and compiled it with the option
activated. Installed LVM again, but when I tryed to do ./vgscan,
pvcreate or vgcreate I get "Segmetation fault (core dumped)"

Has anyone else experienced this?? Or know how to fix it?