Re: [linux-lvm] How to best use LVM?

In a message dated: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:45:47 BST
Joe Thornber said:

>device-mapper is the kernel driver used by LVM2, there should be a
>debian package for this too.

I've tried that, and even installing the device-mapper from sources.

For some reason the devmap_mknod.sh script is unable to create the
/dev/device_mapper/control file.  It appears that the problem is an
inability to find the minor number from /proc/misc, which happens to
be empty.

Did I forget to configure something in my kernel which should be
appearing in my /proc/misc file?

Thanks,
--

Seeya,