[linux-lvm] RAID 1 recontruct

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 23 16:26:01 UTC 2002

This is a little off topic but I can't find an answer elsewhere and I'm
hoping you guys can help me out.

I've got redhat 7.3 with LVM, the system drive is software RAID 1, which I
set up during install. One of the drives failed, and the system went to
degraded mode. Fine, but I replaced the failed drive, and I thought the
software RAID would auto-reconstruct, but it isn't. It's still running in
degraded mode.

How do I tell the system about the new drive and reconstruct the RAID 1
array? The replacement drive is a known good drive.

Thanks in advance,

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu