Re: [linux-lvm] RAID 1 recontruct

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 04:26:07PM -0500, Alexander Lazarevich wrote:
> How do I tell the system about the new drive and reconstruct the RAID 1
> array? The replacement drive is a known good drive.

Unless this have changed since the last time I used SW RAID, there is
no auto-rebuild support.  You have to partition the new disk, then do
a raidhotadd to get the partition into the array.  Then it'll rebuild.
Read the man page on raidhotadd for more info. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
There's something to be said for returning the whole syntax tree.