[linux-lvm] broken computer

FRANK VAN DAMME frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Dec 24 04:40:02 UTC 2002

Hello,

I have a quick question. I have been running lvm on my system for a while, it
works very good. However, the motherbord is wearing and the thing refuses to
boot. Can I, if I put my hard disk in another system, mount the lvm volumes on
it? I need my data right now...

Normally the drive is on hda, but it will certainly have another adresse in my
other box, since I only have athlon-optimised kernels on the faulty box and
the only other useable machine I have is a p133, which has to boot from a
smaller disk (1024 cylinder limit you see). My root filesystem is not in the
lvm volume.

Frank

P.S. I am NOT on the LVM mailing list, so could you please CC me? Thanks.