Re: [linux-lvm] bad vgexport/import

You don't know what exactly happend to your system any longer, do you ?
Anyway, let's try to fix it.

actually, I did figure out what happened. The system was in a going-to-die
state so before I shut it down to fix it I decided to take out one of the
drives I wasn't using. So I did a vgreduce to remove the unused drive and
then did a vgchange/vgexport to export those disks. What I've found is that
when I did the reduce right before the export it never updated the remaining
disks about the removed one. So I fixed it by putting everything back the way
it was before then doing a vgcfgrestore to all the drives. reexported the vg
and once it was on the new setup I did the reduce. That seemed to work much
better.

Thanks for the help tho.

--
Tod Detre