Re: [linux-lvm] Recovering from a disaster...

>Simple fix:
>
>	Until Intel-based systems have a usable bios don't put your
>	root/boot volume on LVM. Since the BIOS will not be upgraded
>	until at least three weeks after pigs floss I'd strongly
>	suggest avoiding the pratice altogether.

Ahem, to fuss a bit, the BIOS is a lodestone that comes
with the *PC* architecture.  AMD-processor PC systems are
similarly afflicted; while some Intel-processor systems
(notably Itanium) are not.  Someday we'll even see PC-class
machines without a BIOS.  So the comment about the likelihood
of upgrading the BIOS is undoubtedly true.