Re: [linux-lvm] Recovering from a disaster...

Someday we'll even see PC-class machines without a BIOS.

Perhaps I misunderstand, but how does one boot without a BIOS?

You could boot a PC class machine using EFI (which is really just a BIOS on steroids). The nice thing about EFI is it isn't 16 bit, it can be developed easily in C, and its much faster then all that legacy 16 bit expansion rom PCI bootstrapping technique that really sucks.

-steve