Re: [linux-lvm] vgcreate on md: vgcreate -- ERROR "pv_read(): read" reading physical volumes

Hello,

--- John DeFranco <defranco cup hp com> wrote:
> Did you pvcreate the /dev/md2 first? Didn't indicate
> that below.

I didn't write that but I did, following the howto
from http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO.
I couldn't solve the problem so I started a wipe of
/dev/md2 to be sure the disk was clear. (this took
quite some time on this slow machine)
I had to wait for that to finish so I could reboot to
single user (init=/bin/sh) again.
Then things worked!

Thanks,
Udo